Sunday, April 15, 2007

"My new PC " PART 4 - What's new

Money spent so far:
  • Asus P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP - 130 Euros (170 $)
  • WD Raptor 74 GB SATA - 155 Euros (203 $)
  • MDT DDR2 2x1GB ram 800mhz - 124 Euros (162 $)
  • sum = 409 Euros (535 $)
I owe you some more explanation about some components.

Motherboard

I received motherboard few weeks ago. It looks really ok, how it performs, I'll tell you when I get all the components.

RAM

As you can see, I bought MDT ram, which is German manufacturer, with it's own chips and it's cheap to. As far as I checked reviews of this ram, it performs very well in real tests (windows operations and games). It's not over-clockable as some other ram modules, but it can work at pretty low latencies. I'll see. The thing is that the modules are relatively cheap and are OK in their performance.

CPU

I am waiting for prices cuts in April. I hope to get E6600 for 200E (262$) or less.

GRAPHIC CARD

Yup, I am certain that the card will be Geforce 8800 GTS with 320MB or ram. I do not need more, because my native screen resolution is 1280*1024, and that card will perform good at that resolution, so there is no need to buy 640 MB version.

I will send some pictures of components soon.

3 comments:

Lapa said...

TOP PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE UNIVERSAL WRITER: CRISTOVAO DE AGUIAR

(PASSANGER IN TRANSIT)

wrote about Portuguese colonial war

BOOKS:

“PASSAGEIRO EM TRÂNSITO” ; “RAIZ COMOVIDA”; “RELAÇÃO DE
BORDO”; “MARILHA”; “A TABUADA DO TEMPO”; BRAÇO TATUADO”; “MIGUEL TORGA O LAVRADOR DAS LETRAS”

He has, also, translated into Portuguese the Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith.

He has been awarded several prizes.

Don't forget the name of this great author, you'll be hearing of him soon.


Please, add this blog to your favourites,


Thanks for visiting this new literary blog

This sculpture in the picture was made, in cement, by a great artist friend of mine, named Eugénio Macedo.

Anonymous said...

Here are some power leveling rules to ensure your account security,rights and interests. runescape accounts Inventory Safety We will NOT remove your pre-existing items and gold when we are on your account to do power leveling. runescape gold

Unknown said...

hi.........
nice blog and very interesting post.I really appreciate your efforts.I love to read the next one.
error
134

thanks.